Using other tools
Client applications that use a connectivity driver compliant with TDS version 7.1 or higher, should be able to connect to Babelfish, except for use of the Bulk Copy API.
Please report back if you face an issue.
Supported connectivity drivers
The following interfaces are officially supported:
- OLEDB Provider/MSOLEDBSQL
- OLEDB Driver/SQLOLEDB (deprecated by Microsoft)
- .NET Data Provider for SQL Server
- SQL Server Native Client 11.0 (deprecated by Microsoft)
- Microsoft SqlClient Data Provider for SQL Server
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
More connectivity drivers might be added in the future. Since Babelfish supports the TDS protocol, most TDS-based client applications are expected to work with Babelfish.