- Babelfish Version: 1.3.0
- PostgreSQL Server Version: 13.7
- Download source distributions:
- Babelfish Compass
- Date: June 9, 2022
Babelfish 1.3.0 contains the following fixes that improve the user experience. 1.3.0 fixes include:
- An issue with SUBSTRING(CHARINDEX()) variable assignment that caused Babelfish to become unavailable.
- An issue with INSERT INTO…with OUTPUT clause that resulted in a “Number of given values does not match target table definition” error.
- An issue that caused DELETE with OUTPUT INTO temporary table statements to return a WITH query ‘nnnnnnnnnnn’ does not have a RETURNING clause error.
- An issue that caused LEFT OUTER JOIN to fail with the following error message: Error: Internal error at ReadAndHandleColumnData (Reason: Error reading column data) error.
Upgrading to the new version
If you’re running Babelfish in a managed environment, please check your vendor’s instructions for upgrading.
Babelfish 1.3.0 is compatible with the latest major version of Babelfish; a dump/restore is not required to upgrade to the newer version. To upgrade:
Install the new binaries; for details, see [Compiling Babelfish From Source] (https://babelfishpg.org/docs/installation/compiling-babelfish-from-source/).
Start the new server.
Update the modified extensions.
To update the extensions that have changed since the last release, connect to the PostgreSQL endpoint of the Babelfish database and execute the following statements from a single session in this order:
ALTER EXTENSION "babelfishpg_common" UPDATE; ALTER EXTENSION "babelfishpg_tsql" UPDATE;
Please note that the extension owner must invoke ALTER EXTENSION. For this release, the
babelfish_money extensions don’t include any SQL-level changes and need not be updated.
After the extensions are updated, you can check the extension version from the PostgreSQL port:
babelfish_db# \dx List of installed extensions Name | Version | Schema | Description --------------------+---------+------------+------------------------------------------------- babelfishpg_common | 1.3.0 | public | Transact SQL Datatype Support .... babelfishpg_tsql | 1.3.0 | public | Transact SQL Compatibility ....
To see a list of the individuals that have contributed to the Babelfish project, visit the project website.
Babelfish for PostgreSQL is open-source software that uses the Apache License version 2 (ALv2) and the PostgreSQL License. The source for the project is available on GitHub.
Babelfish for PostgreSQL is open source software that uses the Apache License version 2 (ALv2) and PostgreSQL Licence. ALv2 grants you well-understood usage rights; you can use, modify, extend, embed, monetize, resell, and offer Babelfish for PostgreSQL as part of your products and services. The source for the entire project is available on GitHub and you’re welcome to build from source for customized deployments.Version: 1.3.0
Release Date: Jul 25, 2022